Monday, November 1, 2010

BEC Has Come and Gone and Other Thoughts

Well BEC was Saturday. I studied all day Friday and then ended up coming down with a bad cold on Friday night. I took some NyQuil and was determined to get a good nights sleep. I woke up feeling like $10 million dollars. I was so well rested! I woke up at seven and reviewed my notes and did questions. I then went back to sleep at around 10am and woke up at 1pm. I left for my test at 3 and at 4:51 I began.

As far as the test....I really don't know what to think. These tests have you feeling one way and then the results say another. Whatever happens I will accept it but I will always know that I put my all and just didn't go in there arrogant or ignorant. But one funny thing was that I told myself I would take my time and read the question atleast 2-3 times since I know I have a tendency to rush. Well I had about 2 mins on the clock and I knew I knew the answer to this question but I just couldn't get it...and at the last minute I figured it out!! I wanted to jump out my seat and do a dance. (So hopefully thats a good sign) I will not check any scores until after REG

Something else I'm coming to realize...I know you always hear everyone say "If you study you will pass" and I definitely believe this to be true.....HOWEVER, I also believe that this test has some luck included. I mean seriously we all know that there are different versions out there and that some questions are pre test and some sim's are not graded. There is no way that we can be experts on everything and sometimes we may get lucky and get something we are comfortable with and sometimes we will get something that makes us cringe, with that said, I think I'm going to take this into consideration and put this into perspective. Just my thoughts....

Off to REG (by the way I already watched 4 hrs of the ROGER Reg and I'm done with individuals) I learned more in 4hrs with ROGER than in 11hrs with Yaeger) I'm learning that compressed materials is working for me and I need to do questions and read between the lines. For me its better when I can cover an entire section (or most of it) in a shorter study session (i.e. 4-6 hrs).

3 comments:

  1. I hope you did great!!! passed this time :)It is really hard to not look at your score once it is released. Personally I would be more anxious when I dont know my result than if you knew for good or bad.Iam taking far on nov 30th and expecting reg result in mid nov.I am going to check it out for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you on the "luck" part. I even sometimes feel the borderline score of 75 is also somewhat luck. They don't explain exactly how scoring is. It's all a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dee, I NEED to know LOL. I'm sure you passed this time though. I hope we both passed lol. And I agree with the luck thing too! Good luck on the final one for this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails