Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm Not Going to Leave You Hanging

Ok....so not much of an update....but I promised that I would be a better blogger....

Studying is going good. Becker's recommendation is so true that for every hour of lecture they recommend 2-3 hrs ourside. So that's a total of 16-24 hours outside on my own of studying.

This past week I studied about 17 hrs outside of class and I did around 180 MCQ's and 2 sims.

This week my goal is to get atleast 20 hrs in. I'm not a night owl so its hard for me to stay up when I'm tired. I'm going to attempt to start getting up 45 mins to 1hr earlier every morning to get some studying in (crossing fingers).

Other than that everything is going good.

Oh, but there is one thing on my mind. I have identified my fears with this exam. My biggest fear is that I will study and study and just won't pass. I know that sounds crazy, but it is what it is. I'm just wondering for those who passed, what did you do to make sure you passed or when did you feel confident that you really could do it? What is your method for studying? My method of studying is to read and re read and then basically speak what I learned. I speak it as if I'm teaching what I learned to someone. I then answer MCQ's and read the right and wrong answers.

Does that mean I'm giving up. Definitely not! I just want to be a CPA!

3 comments:

  1. Believe I still have the same exact fear even though I passed 2 sections. Once you get 1 passing score, you will feel alot better about your ability to pass until then you push hard very hard to pass.now I am studying for Far and I see some people who passed far 5th attempt which is scary but they passed which is the only thing counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think its just the luck of the questions. I remember my 4 times taking audit and feeling like I passed on attempts 2 & 3, but not on attempts 1 & 4, but ended up passing on the 4th one. I also think those simulations are going to be the big difference since they are worth so much more now. I know that helped me to pass Audit, I got overall low on multiple choice, but I got higher on simulations and the writing component.
    That and switching study materials would be my key secrets to success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya know...i think it's different for everyone. I don't know that i can tell you that one secret to you retaining the information and ultimately passing it. I think you have to do what works best for you. Based on the above, I think you're doing that and on the right track. Like Gina said--the exam is also based on luck. I am the "lucky" person that passed FAR on my 5th attempt. Not once was "giving up" ever an option. I just studied hard with each attempt...and prayed even harder. Prayer definitely works. I learned a lot about my faith. I have a deeper understanding of 'faith' than I did before the exam, that's for sure!

    Good luck!!!! I think you're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails