Saturday, February 26, 2011

My REG Experience - 2nd Time Better Be a Charm

Sooooo I took REG today. (This is probably going to be a long post but I have to share)

First I'll just start from the beginning.

I worked a full day yesterday. I was unable to get the day off because my manager requested the day off before I could so therefore I took a day off earlier in the week. Although I wished had the day off I worked with it. I took a two hour lunch break and I studied hard. I reviewed all of those areas that I wasn't too sure of (and I'm sure glad I did because if I didn't I would have been in a bad place).

After work I came home and worked some more individual tax questions. I was in the bed by 8pm.

I woke up today at around 6 am (my test was scheduled for 1:30pm..yes I know thats crazy). I was so anxious. I just wanted to get the test over with. I was anxious to see what was on the test. I just wanted a break.

Since I woke up so early I started reviewing some more. I went over business law for about 45 mins and taxes for about an hour.

I decided that I wanted to get to the city early so that I wouldn't have to rush. I got to the city at 11:00am. I found a Starbucks and I hit the books again. At this point I was pretty comfortable with taxes so I decided to hit Business Law hard. I skimmed the ancillary material and I also just started circling things that I felt were important. Before I went to the testing center I looked at taxes one more time.

I started at about 1:20 and I was done with the first testlet in about 20 mins. Just to make sure I reviewed my work.

After the first testlet I was praying that the questions got harder....and they did! But then that's when it happened.....My head started pounding so hard. I mean to the point that I had to massage my temples. I was squinting at the screen because the light was bothering me. I would periodically close my eyes because I wanted some type of relief. As bad as my head was hurting I wasn't going out like that. I just sucked it up and kept at it.

I finished all of my testlets with 83 mins left to do the sims. The sims weren't too bad. But I will say that I benefited infinitely from doing the TBS marathon (thanks Dee).

I had two research questions. Now here is the crazy part. When I started the first research tab I was spending too much time on it. I decided that I would move on and then come back to it. I didn't want to spend so much time on it and then scramble with the other tabs. I completed the other sims and then I get to the second research question. That one was a problem too. By this time I had about 35 mins left to do the research questions. I'm not sure about the second one but the first one I know I got right. I got that one word for word. I was getting discouraged with it at first but then I just told myself that I have to use the words in the sentence as search words and next thing you know the answer was right in front of me. I couldn't believe it! By that time I only had 6 mins.

So the waiting begins. I told myself positive thoughts only. I fought through this test. Not fighting because I felt like I did bad but fighting like I put my all in it. I double checked everything. And if I just didn't know an answer (which was about 3-4 questions at most) I just chose "C" LOL.

Well enough rambling. Off to BEC (Hopefully I can get a April 2nd or April 3rd test date). If I do then that leaves me 8 weeks for FAR!!! (Oh Joy).

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good luck with the REG score!! Did you use becker material to study for REG? And what was the TBS marathon that you did? How can you get sample TBS questions??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! Yes this time around I'm using Becker. For the TBS Marathon I just chose a day where I just did a bunch of TBS in one day. I got extra simulations from the Becker Final review software. I think the TBS marathon is great because it pulls everything together all at once. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails