Wednesday, October 26, 2011

When Audit Throws You Lemons You Better Make Some Audit Lemonade








This week started off pretty frustrating. Audit Sampling caught me off guard. I was doing absolutely horrendous on MCQ's and everything was a blur. I decided that I was going to put the book down and go to bed early. I was so glad I did, because I understood it the next day 10 times better. Rogers coverage on Audit Sampling definitely does simplify the Wiley book HOWEVER Rogers coverage on PPS sampling was just way too fast paced and confusing. I used my Wiley Focus Notes to finally get the hang of it. Fortunately PPS sampling doesn't go into too much depth so I don't think it will be too much too worry about. But I feel good that I have the hang of it.( I think I may do a post on how to do it).


Right now I'm up to Audit Reporting and I'm not even exagerrating when I say that Roger explains it so well!! The pieces from all the chapters are coming along so well. Of course I have to do my normal review process but the fact that I can see how chapters relate to each other is comforting.
Currently the Chapters that I know I need more practice in is Internal Control and Evidence. These two chapters are huge. I'm not taking any chances with these chapters so I will be digging deep to get my scores up in MCQ'S and Sims. It is important to realize that getting a CPA review course is just a stepping stone its up to you to do the questions and Sims as many times as you can or until you feel comfortable


In other news I bought my Roger Cram!!! I already have my online access just waiting for my book to get here. I love how I instant access. Anywhoo...I'm going to be re-reading Audit reporting tonight before bed. I should be done with it by Friday and then more MCQ's and Sims this weekend. My schedule is working out wonderfully


P.S. My FAR grade will be released next week and I'm silently freaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails