Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oh Man...

This test is no joke! As much as I hear from other people that its draining and its a lot of work I never really imagined that it would take this much out of me. I've been plugging away since 9:35am this morning and right now its 5:16pm. But I really feel good about my studying. As you know I'm using Yaeger but one thing I'm doing different now is that I'm definitely doing more than the minimum questions and I'm thoroughly righting out solutions. I'm putting the solutions in my own words because when it is time to review I will easily be able to go back and quickly remember. I'm honestly just pretty stressed about this test but I'm trying to not let it totally wear me out. I just want one passing grade and then I will feel even more confident. I will definitely say that the second time around is much better than the first. I'm picking up on so much more.

My biggest fear is that I will keep taking and taking and taking and won't pass. I'm determined not to make that a reality though.

I have come up with a strategy. My strategy is to not move on to Audit until I pass REG and BEC. I took BEC on 8/30 and I have yet to check my score and honestly I'm not checking it. I won't check it until after October 29th. That's when I take FAR.

After getting my test results back two days before BEC I can't run the risk of my score messing with my head. Of course I hope I passed and I feel like I did prepare for it but I just can't run that same risk again. If I get a score report in the mail I will know why. But if I don't then I will know that there's good news. Until then I'll just be plugging away and on my way to those pretty three letters.

3 comments:

  1. I like your strategy of not checking your score until after FAR! I wish I had that willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks. You have to do what works for you. Anything to keep yourself going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I can't resist knowing my own score either! And it sucks horribly. It has such a big effect on your studying i know! Can't we sue NASBA for emotional damages due to bad timing of scores release? lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails