Saturday, March 12, 2011

Study Tip #2- Chill Out


I've realized during studying sometimes you have to give your mind a rest. What's the point of studying if your mind is somewhere else? It's Ok if somedays are not as productive as others. As long as you don't totally deviate from plan you will be OK. It's better to study when your mind is 100% there than 50% there. We are not machines.

There have been plenty of times that I have been frustrated and continued to study all the while I would not be retaining information and everything seemed sooooo hard.

Now on the other hand there have been times when I would know when to put down the books when I felt the level of frustration building. It was during these times that I learned that its better to chill out, regroup, and come back to it. I can tell you that 98% of the time when I came back I understood it.

While we have goals to study we do need to take a little time to make ourselves happy. If we don't then we will totally resent the CPA and see it as punishment. For instance I can tell you that one of my fellow twitter friends (Lady La_La) made the funniest video ever here. You have to learn how to de-stress.

So this weeks study tip is to CHILL OUT don't get so worked up when things don't go according to plan. We are humans not machines. If we were machines well we wouldnt even be here talking about this. Tomorrow is a new day whatever happened regarding your study goals yesterday doesn't matter all that matters is that you put your focus into today and exam day.

Happy Studying. And remember don't lose focus...you got this!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. I needed this. I have beating myself up for getting caught with other chores around the house and running errands on Saturday. I got no studying done whatsoever and honestly I just wasnt feeling it:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails