Friday, March 25, 2011

Whoa....I did It. I passed REG

I know I said that I wasn’t going to check my REG score….but Twitter was jumping.

I pondered, and contemplated and pondered some more.

I then decided I would check it. I text MissGina and told her I was so nervous and tempted to check.

She made me promise that no matter what the outcome I better be determined to beat BEC down on 4/9.

I kindly excused myself (I was at work) and went into the bathroom and had a heart to heart prayer. I told GOD that no matter what I see I have to deal with it and move on.

I walked back to my desk and looked up my section ID in my email.

I went to the NASBA site (hands are shaking and heart is beating fast).

I put in my info and this is what I saw

87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in shock.

When I first took REG I got a 63. That’s a 24 point improvement.

Getting one under your belt just lets me know that I can do this. Hard work does pay off. I studied so many hours for this test. I did so many MCQ’s that I can’t keep count. I made sure that while looking at Beckers class notes I could fully elaborate on their summaries. I liked to look at it as if someone was asking me about taxes and business law I had to explain it to them.

The key I believe to me passing were the live Becker classes. Yes I know I said that they were a waste but obviously they weren’t. They were definitely pretty boring and my Sunday’s seemed consumed. However the fact that I had to force myself and stay on schedule made me stay on track. I definitely have more drive then I did last year. I also have more confidence. I will be the first to say that I didn’t use 100% Becker and I know that for future tests I won’t. But the software and the trackers really helped me focus on my weaknesses.
Its been 324 days since I sat for my first exam (which was BEC on 4/9/10. Ironically I will be sitting for BEC again on 4/9/11)

Now off to BEC!!! I’m going to put 150% into this.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go girl!!! Iam so proud of you...I have a really good feeling about bec that you are going to ace it. I know you had self doubt about yourself time to time. I hope you have no more thinking same way. You can pass! and You are already 1/4 CPA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! You have changed from last year! You are getting it done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails