Monday, November 14, 2011

Meanwhile in Audit Land............


Audit is officially 14 days away, and I couldn't be happier.

Since I'm on vacation for the next two weeks I can study hard core and focus without coming home and trying to pry my eyes open while studying.

Today I woke up at 7:30am and I hit the books at 8. I can't believe how much I covered today. My goal was 250 questions but I made it to 210. My goal was also to do 5 sims but I did 7.

Right now I'm feeling much better about audit. I feel good knowing that I can really get down to the details and not feel rushed.

There are some areas that I HAVE to dig deeper on. One being matching the procedures to perform when their are certain types of fraud occurring (it relates to evidence). I did horribly on the simulation, tomorrow that is going to be the first thing that I start with. I have to do atleast 4-5 to feel somewhat confident.

A couple of days ago I was not feeling good about internal control, however I focused on it for 3 days and I'm happy to say that I'm scoring much better in internal control.

My plan is to get through all of the Becker questions (so far I've went through 439 out of 953) not bad considering 3 days ago I was only at 160. And I've went through all of the Wiley textbooks questions which totals 790 questions. Not to mention I've done some Wiley test bank questions and questions from other sources ( wow just typing this made me realize how much I've done).

I'm also going to go over the Wiley questions I've done wrong.

Now its time for me to rave about Roger, because seriously this guy knows his stuff.
To prove it (for example), I am scoring in the mid to low 80's on the questions in the Becker software without reading the Becker book. I will admit that I picked up the Becker textbook initially because I thought I would need it to answer some questions. I did not need the book, because everything was there. The Audit Course is honestly the best out there (trust me I know, I swear I've had my hands on everything).

In order to hold myself accountable for the next 14 days I will be daily blogging on my study progress until test day. I encourage everyone to start a blog (even its private), its amazing to look back and read your old posts and witness how far you have come.

I'm done for the night, and taking a much needed break. See you tomorrow....

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails