Thursday, June 17, 2010

Message Boards

So this was on my mind today.

I really like using the message boards that are available to get sources of encouragement while trying to tackle the beast. However, I must admit they it can really be s source of distraction. For starters sometimes I find myself reading about everyone’s journey while I could spend that time studying, and also it can be discouraging when I see people who have to retake and retake and retake and retake again parts of the test. I can’t help to think if I’ll be in that same boat as well. I mean I have confidence in myself but then sometimes I get side tracked into thinking if I’ll be the AICPA’s cash cow also. I’m not blaming the message boards at all. I’m taking responsibility and realizing my own weaknesses and determining what is best for me. What’s best for me is to encourage myself (and others) as well as keep positive (and reading about multiple failures is not going to put me in that place).

I’m really thinking about limiting my time on these boards for only a few minutes out the week and only going on there if I have a question or maybe to be a source of motivation. I don’t want to turn a blind eye to the real issues that are evident when trying to pass but seriously I don’t need to have it in my mind that I may take me forever to pass.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this or going through this now.

1 comment:

  1. I had to jump off the boards as well. I need to use that time to study. I do enjoy reading CPA journey blogs though when I need a little encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails