Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Milestone



I think I’ve reached another milestone. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to talk about it because I didn’t want to jinx myself thinking that I discovered something when I actually didn’t. But I decided that I would talk about it because this could potentially help someone else out who is on the CPA boat. Well my milestone is that I think I figured out how to study.
That sounds weird right? Well a lot of people read and read and read and read some more but if you ask them a question they give you that confused look. Well with BEC I think I was still giving that confused look when I went to take the test. I realized that I really understand something if I can basically explain it back to myself (Ummm no I don’t talk to myself…LOL) or somebody else. I should also be able to clearly and concisely explain it without stumbling over words. Because stumbling over words means that I don’t understand it and that means when I’m taking the test I’ll be stumbling over answers which is #nobueno.

So the other day when I was studying for REG I realized that I have to watch the video, do the questions, watch some more video if I can’t explain it and then follow that up with some more questions. I’m also going to start implementing writing my own summary of what I learned. So during the final review and during the test I can quickly reference that in my head and move on to the next question.

Another thing I’m finding useful is to remember key points in my Yaeger video so that I can visually go back and remember something. I also remember Phil Yaeger’s corny jokes…LOL. Anyway I’m proud of my milestone and I’m so determined to knock these tests out. I hope I’ve encouraged someone or enlightened someone else as I’ve done to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails